Due to the pandemic we were unable to have an official launch when we started out. You are warmly invited to join us for our official launch day, which includes three daytime gatherings and culminates in our Evening Launch Event, on Thursday 1 September at Margaret Beaufort Institute, 12-14 Grange Road, Cambridge.
Several attendees are flying in from overseas just for this event and thus we will also host activities earlier in the day. There will be three gatherings earlier in the day that all are warmly invited to attend:
- The Director’s Luncheon at the Millworks Restaurant in Cambridge (12:30-2pm UK time | In-person only). The lunch is with Craig Bartholomew and open to all who can make it.
- The Prayer Hour at Margaret Beaufort Institute (2:30-3:30pm UK time | In-person and Zoom). KLC’s vision is for intellectual community rooted in deep spirituality. As we launch into God’s future we want to have the practice of prayer front and centre. Join us for an hour of contemplative prayer led by Dr Hugo Herfst (Guatemala) who is overseeing the spirituality of KLC for us.
- The Music, Scripture and Spiritual Formation session at Margaret Beaufort Institute (5-6:30pm UK time | In-person and Zoom). Dr Delvyn Case, Director of Deus ex Musica, will be with us from Boston to lead us in a session on music, Scripture and spiritual formation. Titled Search Me, O God: Musical Explorations of the Psalms, this unique event uses live performances of new sacred music as a springboard for conversation about Scripture and faith. Performed by acclaimed violinist Emma-Mare Kabanova, this interactive session features new psalm-inspired works written by an international collection of Jewish and Christian composers. Hosted by Delvyn Case, founder and Executive Director of Deus Ex Musica, this will be a memorable opportunity to explore the depth and vitality of the psalms in a thought-provoking and meaningful way.
The day will end with our Official Evening Launch Event at Margaret Beaufort Institute (6:30-9pm UK time | In-person and Zoom). From 6.30pm onwards prosecco and a delicious elderflower juice will be served. Our formal proceedings will begin around 7pm and conclude by 9pm. A buffet meal and tea and coffee will also be served. A full programme for the Evening Launch Event will be published closer to the day.
As you will have noted some events are in-person only, and some are a blend of in-person and Zoom.
Please do note that you will need to register to attend each of the four gatherings separately via their respective forms on our website.
- Register here for the Director’s Luncheon
- Register here for the Prayer Hour
- Register here for the Music, Scripture and Spiritual Formation session
- Register here for the Evening Launch Event
This promises to be a wonderful day and evening – do join us and you are welcome to spread the word.
To assist with our planning registration for in person attendance will close on Friday 26 August.
We look forward to celebrating with you.
Craig Bartholomew, Director KLC